So...its 1:26 in the AM and I really decided to start this. Right now, at this moment I decided to start my own blog. Now let me be clear, I tried this before (Lypstick Vintage). For some reason this feels different. This feels a bit more meaningful and permanent. But, before I continue to rant (its late and I'm starting to feel the tired) I must give you the background.
My name is Alicia Walker and I want to start my own line of handbags. Very AAish I know, but I need to say/type to really start owning it, which is the reason behind starting this blog. Almost like an accountability tool, to keep me inline and allow me to be as open and as honest with myself, and whomever decides to read this, as possible when it comes to developing my line of handbags.
Now like I said earlier, I tired this once before. I wanted to open up my own vintage clothing store. And, I thought it would be so cool to blog about vintage stuff, while I got all the logistics of the store together. Well the "logistics" never really happened, and after a few posts I realized my heart really wasn't in it.
But this, I believe, will be different. Matter of fact it IS different. I'm learning that I need to just say what it is and not what it "might" be. So yes, I am a work in progress people! And I'm sure through this blog, you will learn how truly "human" I am.
Finally, (I promise I wont have super long posts, I know people hate reading) this will be more like an open diary of my journey in creating and eventually producing this line. There will be high and low points. I know there will be times when I want to breakdown and times when I will truly believe that I can't do this. But, that is the really the point of this blog. To act as my outlet to not only keep myself excited about this new chapter in my life, but to also get you, the reader, excited about what I have to eventually offer you.
SO please stick with me, offer your advice, and just enjoy the ride while I document, beginning to end, the launch of my handbag line. Here's to sharing!
Alicia
PS. I know I ripped the name of the blog from Solange's "My Damn Blog" but I'm in between names for the line right now. And, I mean, technically they are "my damn handbags". So yea we'll see what happens. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment