Thursday, November 14, 2013

Beautiful Nightmares

There was no chance of me getting any sleep last night. My mind was moving a million miles a minute, minus the fact that my roommate and I had spent the evening at her job working on separate projects.  It almost felt like our college days when when would pull all nigthters. She was doing actual work pertaining to her job and me, well, I just needed a place that wasn’t home so I could wprk on Parkr.

Yes, before I forget! I decided to name the handbag line Parkr!!! If you haven’t notice, the name of the blog did change. For those just tuning in, I originally named the blog “My Damn Handbag Line” because I was in between names. I actually was going to name it Walker, but with a dot in front of it like “.walker”.  I filed the name with the PA State Department and it got rejected. So, I decided to go with “wlkr” like an abbreviated version. Nope!  I found out it was the name of a radio station. *Sigh*. All the while I was having my graphic designer work on my logo, which also had to be revised. Long story short I decided on Parkr. It was originally supposed to be “Parker”, but that was taken as well so I dropped the “e” and let it ride. I called the PA State Department just to verify the name availability and sure enough it was free to use.  So that’s the whole name fiasco. I will say this; the name thing to me FOREVER to figure out. I’ve always liked the name Parker and it honestly it just felt right. I wanted something that was a little androgynous.

Anyways back to this nightmare which really weren’t nightmares. Last night, my mind kept floating in and out of what the future looks like. I was never so motivated to do something before in my life like am now. I truly believe in these bags. I dreamt about celebrities wearing them, fashionable women wearing them, them being featured in magazines and requests for them for photo shoots. I dreamt that it was more than just a handbag line; it was an empire that gave back to women. I know that this all sounds so far fetch. I mean really who do I think I am? No one knows my name,I have no fashion design experience, and who knows if anyone will even like them. *Sighs*

No comments:

Post a Comment