Here's the updates with my bags. Mano, a handbag sample and pattern maker in Jersey, has begun to make my patterns as well as a prototypes for me. The prototype is almost a mock of what my actual bag will look like. The only difference is that it's not made out of my leather. Mano follows the pattern he created and uses man made materials, just so I can see what the bag will potentially look like. This helps me, so I can make any needed adjustments before using my materials. Once I approve the prototype, then we move forward with creating the actual samples.
I guess I should be excited now, right? I feel more worried then ever. I received the final version of my logo, the one that I picked and now I'm not sure that I picked right one. Again, the mind plaguing thing. I'm not sure that it really represents what I want this line to be.
Its weird when you initially have a dream and you're so excited to see that dream come to fruition, then watch it slowly slipping, because of no ones fault but your owns. I really want this to work and I really want everything to be perfect.My roommate and I walked the aisles of Marshall's yesterday, and there hundreds of handbags to choose from. Some cute, some not so cute. And I kept thinking to myself, can I see my Parkr bags amongst these top brands. I don't know. We discussed what we liked and didn't like about each, all the while I was really surveying my roommate. I really value her opinion and her style guidance.
Yes people, I am having my own little pity party, when there is so much for me to do. But, I'll be honest sometimes you need them to make yourself realize that sometimes everything isn't going to be easy. Sometimes you really have to work!
I haven't gotten into my real challenges in this post, and I don't really want to. Hopefully, I'll receive my pattern and prototype this weekend and that will cheer me up.
Stay with me people, it's not over yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment